will be held in-person at Harvard Graduate School of Design (GSD), Cambridge Massachusetts USA
(public health considerations allowing* ) , and simultaneously / asynchronously on-line.
Nonetheless, we look forward to ‘seeing’ you, in-person or on-line !
REGISTRATION will open On-Line in February 2022.
Main Theme and Suggested Topics: “Hybrid Landscapes”
We live in an increasingly hybrid world. Hybrid plants; hybrid cars; hybrid teaching and learning; hybrid workplaces; hybrid landscapes…. What “hybrid vigor” can the hybridization of the analog and the digital offer to landscape architects, urban/environmental designers, and planetary citizens?
As of Dec. 1, 2021 we are delighted to report that nearly 80 submissions from around the globe have been accepted for double-blind-peer-review, for consideration for publication in JoDLA 7-2022, and possible presentation at DLA2022, on these topics:
- Post-pandemic hybridization in life, landscapes and practice
- Algorithmic design and analysis of landscapes
- Mobile devices, Internet-of-Things, and ‘Smart’ systems in the landscape
- Data Science and Landscape Information Modelling
- Drone/UAV imagery and uses
- Digital fabrication in landscape architecture
- Visualization and animation of landscapes
- Mixed reality (AR / VR) and immersive environments
- Geodesign approaches, technologies, and case studies
- Digital landscape architectural responses to climate change
- Teaching digital landscape architecture
- Digital landscape architecture in practice
Abstracts are blind-reviewed for full paper submission by a panel of peer-reviewers. All or some authors of accepted papers will be invited to present at DLA2022 HYBRID, at Harvard, either in-person, remote-live, or by pre-recorded video. Details on presentation options will be announced in Spring 2022.
Important dates for the review process are:
- Opening Call for Abstracts September 1, 2021
- Abstracts due: November 1, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: December 1, 2021
- Full manuscript submission due: January 10, 2022
- Opening of Call for posters February 1, 2022
- Manuscript reviews returned: February 15, 2022
- Revised/final manuscript due: March 1, 2022
- Posters and Art submissions due: May 1, 2022
- Pre-Conference Workshops June 8, 2022
- Conference: June 9 – 10, 2022
- Post-Conf. Activities / Field Trips June 11, 2022
The conference language is English.
Contact email: email@example.com