23rd Annual International HYBRID Digital Landscape Architecture Conference
will be held at Harvard Graduate School of Design (GSD), Cambridge Massachusetts USA, and simultaneously on-line.
Main Theme and Suggested Topics: “Hybrid Landscapes”
We live in an increasingly hybrid world. Hybrid plants; hybrid cars; hybrid teaching and learning; hybrid workplaces; hybrid landscapes…. What “hybrid vigor” can the hybridization of the analog and the digital offer to landscape architects, urban/environmental designers, and planetary citizens?
Abstracts, posters and panel proposals are encouraged on one or more of these topics:
- Post-pandemic hybridization in life, landscapes and practice
- Algorithmic design and analysis of landscapes
- Mobile devices, Internet-of-Things, and ‘Smart’ systems in the landscape
- Data Science and Landscape Information Modelling
- Drone/UAV imagery and uses
- Digital fabrication in landscape architecture
- Visualization and animation of landscapes
- Mixed reality (AR / VR) and immersive environments
- Geodesign approaches, technologies, and case studies
- Digital landscape architectural responses to climate change
- Teaching digital landscape architecture
- Digital landscape architecture in practice
We invite you to contribute to this conference on all aspects of technologies in landscape architecture. The “Extended Abstract” should have a minimum of 1200 words and maximum of three pages text including key references — additional selected graphics are optional. Abstracts are reviewed for full paper submission and possible presentation at the DLA Conference. Submit the extended abstract as a pdf file online via the web-based submission system at:
www.dla-conference.com – > DLA Conference 2022 by November 1, 2021
Accepted abstracts will be invited to submit a full paper for a second-round fully blind peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published as papers in JoDLA : Journal of Digital Landscape Architecture 7–2022 by Wichmann VDE Verlag, Berlin-Offenbach.
Important dates for the review process are:
- Opening Call for Abstracts September 1, 2021
- Abstracts due: November 1, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: December 1, 2021
- Full manuscript submission due: January 10, 2022
- Opening of Call for posters February 1, 2022
- Manuscript reviews returned: February 15, 2022
- Revised/final manuscript due: March 1, 2022
- Posters and Art submissions due: May 1, 2022
- Conference: June 6 – June 10, 2022 (Final date TBA)
- Post-Conf. Activities / Field Trips June 8-11, 2022 (TBA)
The conference language is English.
Contact us: email: firstname.lastname@example.org